June 15th, 2021
Hi valued UTC Ice Customers,
We made it! Tomorrow is June 15th, the first day of California fully reopening its economy. There are many things we are excited to share with you regarding how this affects the rink. The following updates are effective starting Tuesday, June 15th.
Please see the new guidance regarding masks from California Department of Public Health.
Guidance for Individuals
Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- On public transit (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation)
- Indoors in K-12 schools, childcare and other youth settings.
- Note: This may change as updated K-12 schools guidance is forthcoming, pending updates for K-12 operational guidance from the CDC.
- Healthcare settings (including long term care facilities)
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Homeless shelters, emergency shelters and cooling centers
Additionally, masks are required** for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).
For additional information, individuals should refer to CDC Recommendations for Safer Activities (see CDPH Masking Guidance Frequently Asked Questions for more information).
The following changes have been made to our rink operations.
-If you anyone in your household are experiencing any COVID symptoms or not feeling well, we ask you stay at home.
-Showers and assigned locker rooms will be available for adult hockey players. Bleachers will still be available for those who wish to social distance while getting dressed.
-Water fountain is available.
-July 1st we will be using USA Hockey as part of our Adult Hockey Leagues.
-Birthday Parties are back! They are available to be booked online for the summer.
-Rink employees will still be required to wear masks to comply with OSHA laws.
-We will still be disinfecting all rental equipment after every use.