Come experience a new and fun way to enhance your performance skills! Skaters, both competitive and noncompetitive, can be a part of these classes. Best of all, a team can draw skaters together and increase team spirit!
The core components of Theatre on Ice include choreography, skating movements and the camaraderie shared between skaters at the introductory level. Controlling skills and conquering elements will serve as the primary focus to achieve badges. The four themes for the curriculum are joy, body as an instrument, traveling through space and rhythm. Choreography, movements and the rapport between skaters working together as a team blend into unbelievable stories brought to life on the ice.
Both skaters and clubs can experience great rewards from forming and/or joining a Theatre On Ice program. Skaters receive the following benefits:
- More events when performing in competitions and shows
- A chance to develop the dramatic side of their skating
- A chance to be part of a team while continuing to use their technical skills
- A chance to travel both locally and internationally
- A chance to make new friends both in and out of the club
Skaters must be in Basic 6 and up to participate in this program.